Saturday, August 22, 2009

Profractional Laser Treatment

Been a delinquent patient with my dermatologist for quite some time now. I only go to her whenever there is a case of emergency - big pimples and many pimples due for cleaning and kenacort. This year, part of my resolution was to take good care of my skin. Albeit late, I visited her last July and the last time I visited her was about 2 years ago. I asked what could be done to improve my skin texture due to acne scars, she recommended that I take the Profractional Laser Treatment after a month.

Since I trust my dermatologist so much, I was very confident to take the treatment. I was worried on the day of my scheduled procedure since I had lots of little pimple. I asked if it is alright to clean my face first prior to undergoing the treatment. She agreed and I went to the dermatology center after she cleaned my face in her clinic.

I was prepped and a topical anesthesia was applied in my face. I was asked to wait for 45 minutes for the medicine to take effect. After which the procedure began. This was my first time to undergo laser treatment. The first time it touched my face, I let out a shrill cry. I thought it hurt but it didn't. I only felt a few stinging sensation.

After the procedure, there was a few burning sensation but what relieved it was the cool air placed near my face to ease the redness. I was told to apply a few ointment for the pain, moisturizer and sunblock afterwards. I was also advised that redness in the face might occur for 3-5 days. I became a little conscious of my face but was also delighted that I haven't gotten any curious stares from strangers yet.

No comments: