Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Search for the Next Supermarket

Shopwise Makati is undergoing some renovation these days which makes it inconvenient for shoppers like me.. They've rearranged again their shelves. It's one of their strategies to maximize space for the store - to occupy previously dead spots and encourage shoppers to go through all the aisles/spots as much as possible.

For now, I am in a search for the next supermarket place where I will religiously do my groceries. I passed by Cash and Carry this afternoon after we drove near the area to find a shop who does sofa re-upholstery. I was shocked that parking space for Cash and Carry already have a fee!  I was also shocked to see an almost full parking. I parked near the exit area already. We managed to get a good exercise walking from the parking to the entrance.

Cash and Carry transformed from your neighborhood supermarket to your nearby mall. Inside was bright and I found it manageable to stroll around the mall. I managed to buy an office blouse and found a great bed to our liking since I was also canvassing for a good bed frame for my toddler.

We did our groceries and I realized that there are a lot of choices in Cash and Carry compared to Shopwise. Imported goods where everywhere to be found. Prices were relatively cheaper for most of the products compared to Shopwise although I found the quality of meat in Cash and Carry almost similar to Shopwise's but relatively expensive compared to the latter.

I still want to try how it is to do groceries in nearby supermarkets such as Puregold, Waltermart, Landmark and SM. Until I find the next supermarket where I can comfortably do my groceries. 

No comments: