Friday, March 20, 2009

Fashion Makeover

I don't know what got into me but I immediately obliged when someone asked me if I'm willing to be one of the subjects for a magazine's fashion makeover. I almost chickened out to do such thing as I have always been a fashionista introvert. I asked for a sign that if my sister in law will accompany me to the shoot the moment I ask her to, then it was meant to be. 

Surprisingly, she said yes and so I tried to be an extrovert for a day and went to the studio for the makeover.

My wish list: to look more polished at work.

My dilemma: I tend to dress casually at the office previously but now with the bigger responsibilities that I handle, I feel I need to establish more credibility in terms of how I look relative to my function. 

The solution: office dresses that I absolutely loved! I am planning to buy exactly the same dress that I wore to my first fashion shoot. 

I was glad I took this challenge. I got a few clothing style solutions and tricks for my body type. Not only that, I recently discovered that I look better in a new hairdo: curls.

I'm still contemplating though if I would change my previously straightened hair to a more natural curly look. Maybe in the future, I will go out again of my comfort zone to have a hairstyle makeover. For the meantime, I still need to gather enough courage to do so.

No comments: