Thursday, March 5, 2009

Work in Times of Crisis

At times, work brings you challenges.. to make you stronger and better as a professional and as a person. Despite the challenges, I've always been thankful that I have a good paying job in times of crisis where redundancy, lay-offs, closing down of firms are common situations. 

I hear common gripes from others on how they are currently "overworked but underpaid". If only they realize how lucky they are compared to others who are still struggling to find a decent job to feed their family. I've been almost tempted to tell those who complain on their current state and compensation to go ahead and feel free to seek work outside the company but resisted myself to do so as I know it will be difficult to find a better paying job these days. 

Hope everyone would see the other side and appreciate their current job at the same time work hard for them to reap the benefits sooner or later than expected. 

No comments: