Sunday, October 26, 2008

Christmas and Birthday Wishlist

It's Christmas time once again apart from a wish list consisting of good health, more happiness and success for myself and my family, one can't seem to avoid to wish for material stuff needed and wanted.

I hope to buy mostly those in my list before Christmas but since we only have a few extra monies before the year ends and other financial obligations are of top priority, I need to delay my purchase probably early next year when we receive our perquisites. 

Suddenly, wishful thinking kicks in and I hope to receive a few in my list at Christmas time or as a birthday gift from my parents, relatives and closest friends. Since most of them don't have access and time to read my blog, this will be a game of mental telepathy for us or a situation of "ask and you shall receive" answer when they will inquire on what I want for Christmas:
  1. Gym Clothes - sports bra, dri-fit top/bottoms and gym bag. I haven't invested much on gym clothes yet even if I wanted to. I have to sacrifice my vanity for proper gym attire with regular jogging pants, cotton and company shirts since I need to spend my money on other important stuff. Out of resourcefulness,  I am currently using my firstborn's big baby bag as my gym bag!
  2. All around carry bag good for office and casual wear. The last time I bought a bag for myself was more than 2 years ago.. Most of my bags are relatively given to me by relatives. 3 of my bags already said goodbye to me. Another 2 are about to retire but I pleaded with them to stay with me a little longer (read: still continue to use despite their condition) until I find a good replacement. I've found a great red replacement thanks to my sister in law who gave me a bag for a souvenir. Still need to find a replacement for my black,cream and mustard/brownish one.
  3. Comfortable High Heeled Shoes - I need to invest for more office appropriate shoes. What usually works best for me are those in bigger type of heels, wedge type and not much of the stiletto ones.  I wish I could have pairs of the following hues: silver, white, gold, brown/tan, black
  4. Radio/CD Recorder/Player - My little daughter loves to hear songs from the player unfortunately she got so fond of the remote that volume of our CD player seem not to work anymore.  I hope I can find a good replacement for this to play her lovely nursery songs.
  5. Oven Toaster - Our oven toaster recently malfunctioned and it is already beyond repair. We are tuna sandwich or cheese pimiento sandwich lovers in the family. We are toasting our bread currently at the teflon as we don't have time yet to buy a good oven toaster that will last for years. Hope we can find a good replacement soonest.
  6. Bed Frames - Single Size and Double Size Bed Frames are needed soon in our house. I am currently seeking for a great and affordable bed frames for our extra room and the kid's bedroom. I hope I could find one that fits the budget
  7. Table/Rack good for magazine and newspapers in wenge color.  We only place our magazines/old newspaper on the floor. Still hasn't found time to go out to home stores and buy a magazine stand/rack to our fancy and color requirement.After visiting my friend's lovely abode, I now started to become conscious of color coordinating the stuff  in our place. Most of my stuff in our place were purchased in my single years and majority were only hand-me-downs by relatives who already returned back in our province. Since their function was of a necessity, I did not mind initially that they don't mix and match. Nowadays, for additional household purchases, I try as much as possible to have the items mix the color scheme of our current house.
  8. Condo Unit makeover. We bought our condo bare and simple. We just repainted the house and placed necessary fixtures given limited budget we had then. Imagine on the same year we got married, bought a condo and gave birth! Nowadays, I start to ask myself on when we could possibly have our unit renovated. Perhaps in the next 3-5 years once our little tots go to big school. Probably this makeover list will remain in my wish list for the next few years or so.  Or maybe there's any home makeover promo that we could participate nowadays? :)
  9. Tops - casual shirts or office clothes. I think I need to upgrade my wardrobe. I hope to receive a few tops that I can use either for casual wear or for office wear.
  10. Havaianas. My pair used at home just got destroyed from wear and tear for about 2 years. I have another pair but I normally use it for yoga classes and after gym wear. I currently settled with my crocs at home (used during my last pregnancy about 2 years ago) as havaianas replacement.

No comments: