Monday, November 3, 2008

Wishful Thinking

I wish my husband will overcome his forgetful ways..

Three days ago he forgot to wake up early in the morning in time to make his flight. Good thing there were still available seats in the next flight. He had to pay almost the same price with the original cost of the ticket that I purchased for him though.

Later in the evening, he forgot where he placed his personal cellphone....

The following morning, he forgot where he placed his business cellphone...

Today, his outgoing calls and messages where barred as he realized that he forgot to pay his cellphone bill before the due date. I was quite concerned as the account is under my name and I've been doing my best to protect my credit reputation and has always been sensitive about it. I avoid any unpaid balance due as much as possible. I wasn't able to stop myself requesting him to pay his bills in due time as I don't want him to return to his premarital bad habits of not paying his debts in due course.

Just this evening, he forgot his credit card in the province... Good thing my brother will be coming over in the next few days and we have requested to bring his card with him. Currently, he is using our "emergency credit card" in which I had him as my supplementary holder.

A few minutes ago, when I asked him what time his flight will be for Christmas, he also forgot about his flight schedule! In addition, he also forgot where he placed his ticket to check on his flight schedule. I helped him look for it but unfortunately, our search for the missing ticket remains to be futile. He was supposed to be back earlier than us in time for a friend's wedding. I wanted to change my flight to accompany him since travelling alone with an infant during Christmas time can be quite a challenge. I wanted to book our flight online as soon as possible as plane tickets during the holiday season tend to skyrocket when purchased at a later date. Unfortunately, I have to postpone my plan until such time that he can find for his ticket or would determine his flight schedule for Christmas soonest.

I hope that this forgetful habit of him will be a thing of the past or at the very least be minimized. I also pray for a better presence of mind, a better memory and better discipline for my husband. If all else fails, I need to forget that these series of unfortunate events happened and accept him together with his forgetful ways.

No comments: