Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tribute to Helpful Neighbors

I've noticed that the squatters near our condominium started to evacuate the place since last week... I've lived in this neighborhood for about 4 years now and learned that the squatters area got burned twice ever since we occupied our place. As I watched them dismantle their house peacefully, I can't help but admire their resiliency through the times and started to silently thanked them as I reminisce all the contributions they've done for me..

Before I got married, I used to live with my cousin and two of my girlfriends in Tower A. We used to hire ladies residing in the squatters area to do general cleaning in our household whenever we feel that its already super dirty and beyond our control. 

We bought a unit in Tower B after getting married and we've sought the help of our friendly neighbors to transfer my stuff to our newly bought place. They were the ones who installed aircon in our rooms as well. Some became my regular contacts in case I need an extra hand to clean our place, check the leaks, do minor carpentry and plumbing jobs, "hilot"(massage) for my babies and do minor alterations in our pants/clothes. 

I hope and pray that they will be able to adjust well to their new community and may the new environment lead them to a better life.

No comments: