Saturday, November 8, 2008

Night Time Routine

Once I get home from work or during my usual weekend nights, I've somewhat established a routine that I usually practice. Here goes my list:
  • Drink a glass of milk (or sometimes pineapple juice) - From dairy dose to fiber drink -these are my magic drinks. The importance of dairy in our diet has always been known and emphasized. They say that drinking a glass of milk before bedtime is beneficial as milk has serotonin which makes us sleep calmly.  A glass of Del Monte Pineapple juice is my milk substitute whenever we ran out of milk in the household. I've recently observed that drinking pineapple juice at night enables me to have a regular bowel movement the morning after. I've heard that drinking pineapple juice at night also increases your body's tendency to burn calories while sleeping.
  • Take a bath - It has been a habit since childhood to take a warm or cold bath at night. Although I normally don't wet my hair unless I feel so icky and dirty. I tried once not to take a bath at night and found it a challenge to get to sleep thus I got up and took a quick warm bath and slept peacefully after.
  • Watch prime time television shows - With the proliferation of DVD series and with the digital age that almost everything can be found it the internet, I still can't get hold of watching tv.
  • Check my email and surf the net while watching TV - Thank God for the internet as I can now keep in contact with my relatives and friends who are far away. I almost forgot how it is to miss someone courtesy of  Skype, YM and other networking sites such as Facebook and Multiply.
  • Brush my teeth and drink a glass of water afterwards - This routine marks that I am about to go to sleep in less than an hour or so.
  • Apply facial moisturizer on my face and neck, apply eye cream near the eyes and lotion all over my body - I sometimes skip applying lotion all over my body especially if I have a massage session at home since I ask the masseuse to spread either lotion or oil all over my body .
  • Go to bed.
  • Pray and give thanks to God for the day that has been.
  • Read a few pages of a certain book or a magazine until I feel sleepy - I always have a "flavor of the month" book or magazine which I always keep at my bedside for night time reference.
  • Give hubby a good night peck on the cheek - I feel guilty of not consistently doing this habit. What I sometimes do as a substitute is to say good night to him when laziness strikes that I don't want to get up the bed anymore as hubby always sleep later than me. 
  • Go to sleep.

No comments: